Air Power Day School
A Tribute to Air Vice-Marshal Professor R A ‘Tony’ Mason CB, CBE, DL
19 June 2010
The Centres for First and Second World War Studies at the University of Birmingham are pleased to announce their summer day school, which will deal with Air Power Studies.
The event is being held as a tribute to Air Vice-Marshal Professor Tony Mason who is one of the worlds leading authorities on Air Power and has written many influential works such as Airpower in the Next Generation, War in the Third Dimension and Air Power: A Centennial Appraisal. Also Professor Mason enjoyed a full career in the Royal Air Force including time at both the RAF Staff College and at the USAF War College. He also served as Air Advisor to the House of Commons Select Committee on Defence.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Sebastian Cox, Head of the RAF’s Air Historical Branch
- Professor Gary Sheffield, Chair of War Studies, University of Birmingham
- Air Commodore (ret’d) Peter Gray, Senior Research Fellow in Air Power Studies, University of Birmingham
- Dr David Jordan, Senior Lecturer in Defence Studies, Joint Services Command and Staff College
- Dr Christina Goulter, Senior Lecturer in Defence Studies, Joint Services Command and Staff College
More details will be posted here when they are ready.
For more information either post here or email Peter Gray at email@example.com