Air Power Studies Postgraduate Symposium
23 September 2010
University of Birmingham
The Centres for First and Second World War Studies is pleased to announce its first Air Power Studies Symposium. The symposium aims to highlight the innovative research that is currently being undertaken at the university and will cover a wide range of air power topics. The aim of the day is to bring the research community together and give students an opportunity to deliver a paper about their research. As well as researchers at the university there will be papers delivered by postgraduates from other institutions.
In addition to these papers there will be several workshops on various aspects of air power and the academic process, which will be of interest to PhD students.
Confirmed speakers for these workshops include:
- Air Commodore Neville Parton, Director, Harrier, Survival and Tornado, Defence Equipment & Support
- Air Commodore Parton has just completed his PhD on the development of RAF Doctrine and will be talking about the examination process and experience
- Dr David Jordan, Senior Lecturer in Defence Studies, Joint Services Command and Staff College
- Dr Christina Goulter, Senior Lecturer in Defence Studies, Joint Services Command and Staff College
- Drs Jordan and Goulter will be talking about the role that an external examiner plays in the examination process
- Sebastian Cox, Head of the RAF’s Air Historical Branch
- Seb Cox will be talking about the role the Air Historical Branch has in the development of Air Power Studies
More details will be posted here when they are ready.
For more information either post here or email Peter Gray at email@example.com